We know that every family we serve is unique, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one's hobbies and interests.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
1. Music Selection - Music is an important part of any funeral service. A favorite song or a style of music our loved one enjoyed can call to mind special memories. Religious hymns can help comfort and ease our sorrow with a message of hope. Whether it is recorded selections or live performances by musicians, the songs played during a visitation, funeral or graveside service can be meaningful ways of expression when words can’t be found. Peterson/Kraemer can help you coordinate organ, piano, vocal soloists, ensembles or special musicians such as bagpipers or harpists.
2. Bagpipes - Bagpipes have often been associated with funerals. The unforgettable sound of a bagpipe can evoke emotions that words alone may fail to convey. Bagpipes can be a touching addition to the funeral or the cemetery interment or both.
3. Harpist - The soothing sound of live harp music is an elegant and calming enhancement to the remembrance of a loved one. A harpist can be incorporated into the visitation or funeral service to comfort and uplift.
4. Balloon Release - A balloon release is a wonderful way to include children and adults into a meaningful expression of love and letting go. The sight of the sky filled with balloons disappearing into the horizon is a beautiful visual experience of remembrance.
5. Butterfly Release - Butterflies have long been considered a symbol of transition...the passing of a former life and the “rebirth” of a new life. A butterfly release is a symbolic and tangible representation of what is often unable to be expressed in words.
6. Dove Release - White doves are believed to be a symbol of spirit. A dove release after a funeral service is a meaningful way to represent the setting free of the deceased’s spirit and its final flight home.
7. Concierge Service - A funeral often means family and friends will be traveling from great distances to pay their respects to the deceased and offer condolences to the family. Let Peterson/Kraemer help you locate lodging, transportation or dining options to ease the burden of the planning.
8. Fireworks - For those that want a truly memorable celebration of a loved one’s life, coordinating a fireworks display can provide an unmatched experience. The fireworks can even be set to a favorite song for a meaningful tribute.
9. Glass Remembrance - 'Glass Remembrances' are designed by glass artists who create a work of art that contains a small portion of the actual cremated remains of your loved one. These are unique keepsakes that include jewelry-pendants and bracelet beads, flowers, ornaments and other personal memorial items.
10. Jerusalem Stone - These unique pieces are crafted from actual white stone quarried from the Holy Land. Each piece comes in a burgundy gift pouch with a Certificate of Authenticity and a brief description of the item and its meaning.
~ Comfort Cross ~ This 4" Jerusalem Stone is chiseled into the shape of a cross and sectioned into two pieces, tied together with a length of leather; one piece to place in the casket with your loved one and the other to keep as a personal remembrance of your loved one.
~The Angel of My Heart ~ This 2" high Jerusalem Stone is carved into the shape of an Angel with a removable heart in its center. The heart can be placed into the casket or urn of the deceased while the angel remains with the family.
11. Processions Option - Central Wisconsin is an area rich in agricultural heritage, and a horse drawn carriage can be a fitting way to incorporate this tradition into a funeral service. Peterson/Kraemer can arrange this option if appropriate.
12. Keepsake Rosaries & Jewelry - Made from funeral bouquet roses. Rosary beads are made by using an all natural fermentation process. Roses are crushed and hand rolled into beads. Rosaries, chaplets, bracelets, earrings and necklaces are created so people of all faiths can have a lasting keepsake.
13. Laminated Obituaries - Through our laminated obituary service, we are able to create a unique keepsake for you and your family. The obituary of your loved one is reproduced and laminated. Quality full-color printing on the finest paper stock, durable clear film overlay and crisp round corner design.
14. Memorial Candles - High-quality, long burning, unscented candles are placed inside a glass cylinder personalized with a full-color photo of your loved one.
15. Military Honors - Few funeral traditions are as touching as the military honors of a 21-gun salute and taps being played at the service of a deceased veteran. American Legion, Motorcyclists will also accompany your loved one while flying the American Flag. Peterson/Kraemer will contact the appropriate veteran’s service organization and arrange for military honors to be presented at the service of your loved one. We can also assist with any other arrangements that will help honor the veteran in the most appropriate manner.
16. Timeless Tributes Memorial Videos - We can help you remember in a special way the people, times and places that are important to you. Using your photos we create a DVD slideshow presentation set to music which will warm your heart with remembrances from through the years. This gift from the heart will be a treasured memento for years to come.
17. Photography - Sometimes, due to distance or schedules, friends or family members who live far away simply cannot attend a funeral service. We can arrange to have a professional photographer present at your loved one’s funeral to capture the day on film as a keepsake or to share at a later date with family or friends who couldn’t be there in person.
18. Celebration of Life Book
19. Precious Memories Fingerprint Keepsakes - Combining the wonders of modern scanning technology with the ancient technique of wax casting, the fingerprints of your loved ones are fashioned into artistic and intricately detailed jewelry. Each piece is as unique as the print it replicates.
20. Procession Options - The funeral procession is a meaningful part of the funeral day. Peterson/Kraemer will take care of the arrangements necessary to safely travel from the location of the service to the place of interment, including any required police escorts. Special requests for unique vehicles or to incorporate a drive past the family farm or a favorite place will be accommodated whenever possible.
21. A Unique Casket, Vault or Urn - There are endless varieties of caskets, urns and vaults available at varying prices which can be selected to personalize and reflect the unique themes or lifestyles of the deceased. From the exterior construction material of the casket or urn to the interior personalization options, there are countless ways to represent your loved ones occupation, hobbies or interests.
22. Memorial Quilt or wall display - It's often hard to know what to do with a loved one’s personal possessions after they have passed. We can have a beautiful quilt made out of your loved one’s favorite flannel shirts. Wrapping up in a quilt made of their familiar shirts can remind us of the embrace of our loved one, or simply displaying it as a wall hanging can be a daily reminder of their continued presence in our memories.
Our funeral directors are committed to helping you create a special tribute to your loved one that will honor a life well-lived. We encourage you to share your ideas, customs and wishes with us.