How does Peterson/Kraemer participate in
Recycling and Energy Saving?
We thought you’d like to know.
Peterson/Kraemer actively supports recycle programs. There are some programs that have we have been active with for quite some time and others that are a newer practice. We perform daily recycling practices, such as recycling paper, cardboard, plastics, aluminum, other cans and glass. Some of our other programs might surprise you. Listed below are some of the ways that we at Peterson/Kraemer try to do our best to support recycling in our community.
- Collect eye glasses for the Lions Club World Vision Program. If you would like to donate eyeglasses, they may be dropped off at one of our Peterson/Kraemer locations.
- Collect hearing aids for reuse. If you would like to donate hearing aids, they may be dropped off at one of our Peterson/Kraemer locations.
- Peterson/Kraemer supports organ and tissue donation. We actively work with the tissue procurement organizations and we make our facility available for use by the procurement agencies.
- After funeral services, if the family wishes, we will deliver funeral flowers to area nursing homes, and care centers. Often volunteers then make individual bouquets for residences.
- We use our own courier system for timely delivery of documents which reduces multiple trips to the same location.
- When possible we use compact fluorescent bulbs for energy conservation.
- Lights off when not in use and turning off electronic devices at the end of the day.
- Local Humane Societies use newspaper and old but usable blankets, sheets etc for animal bedding. Families are encouraged to bring these items to us to pass along to use at Marathon County Humane Societies rather than discarding them when closing households etc.
- Use of programmable thermostats for heating and cooling.
- We are a Licensed Crematory Authority staffed by experienced, knowledgeable Crematory Operators who have completed specialized training. Our crematory operators are also licensed funeral directors. We take pride in the clean operation of our crematories, meeting or exceeding all EPA air standards.
- We use a professional medical waste disposal company to properly dispose of medical waste; it does not go to the landfill.
These are some of the ways that Peterson/Kraemer supports recycling efficiency in energy use and practical judgment in use of our precious natural resources.